Monday, February 23, 2009

Comprehension

What does comprehension mean?...well I would say it means the understanding of something or the ability to retain information. The problem with comprehension is that as teachers we do not always know whether our students are retaining information from the plain-old-boring text books everyone loves! Some students don't always comprehend from textbooks the best. It may take diaries, journals, or other forms of reading material to capture the attention of some students. I know that I am a student who does not comprehend well through strictly text, I find it unbelievably boring and redundant. I enjoy the true stories told by the people themselves through journal entries or an autobiography. Not all students learn the same way and it is our job as educators to reach out and find the best way everyone of our students learn. Making different resources avalible for every student to work at his/her best!

No comments:

Post a Comment