Monday, April 6, 2009

Lesson Plans!

So...lesson plans...lesson plans...the time has come in one of my teaching courses to prepare and teach a brief lesson plan. I was totally and completely unaware of how this whole process would work out...but to be perfectly honest I think my classmates have done an excellent job...not only were their lessons awesome but they kept the class in line for the most part. Although I feel completey wrong acting out some of the notecards bad behaviors...I feel this is an excellent way to help education students learn how to control a class room of high schoolers as well as teach them what they shouldn't do. I am due to present this week although I think I have a very creative and fun lesson plan...I am also alittle nervous as to how my students will react, I hope I can keep them in line but still manage to keep the class fun without having to be to controlling! I hope to give my students a fun filled lesson with some fun activities and some group work without them getting out of control. I hope to do as well as my other classmates. I was very impressed with their abilities to keep on task while some students try to change the subject! They are doing an awesome job and completely have my respect as future educators!!! A job well done!

2 comments:

  1. This is what learning to teach is all about. Thanks for posting your "pre-teaching" observation.

    Let's see how you feel "post-teaching"...

    I bet you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did GREAT!

    Loved the music.

    Here's another Beowulf lesson plan: http://www.readwritethink.org/lessons/lesson_view.asp?id=814

    I apologize for "Nicole"'s behavior! (swing that scarf!!!!)

    ReplyDelete