Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Lesson Plans

I was able to do my class lesson this past week...and it was interesting! I was so excited to finally be up there and do my lesson, which I thought was creative and fun. However, as excited as I was when I finally stepped up to do my lesson there were a few things I did not expect. I learned that as a teacher some things do not pan out as easily as I anticipated. The kids switched some of the cards I gave them in order to prevent certain students working with other students that may talk alot. This was one thing I though would have worked out well...but didn't do too hot when I used it on a bunch of high school students. I also learned that having a disciplinary plan made up will help students realize that they can only push this far and then they will face the consquences that I have provided in their disciplinary action plan guide. This will help me as a teacher as well to not say one thing and then not act upon it. If you say something and then do not follow through the students maynot take you seriously and then as a result will misbehave instead of taking the warning as serious and stopping their bad behaviors. I feel like this was an excellent idea and form of assessment because it was able to show us what it is really like when we deal with high school students. The students need to take you seriously but the classes shoul be fun...however we were able to realize that not everything we plan to go smoothly will be smooth once we throw in high school students. All in all it was an awesome way to see what it is really like as a high school teacher and prepared us for the things we may encounter in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment